What students are saying
Source code and course GitHub repositorygithub.com/talkpython/mastering-pycharm-course
What's this course about and how is it different?
This course will teach you to be extremely proficient with PyCharm.
We dive deep into every aspect of the IDE. From project management and using the editor to advanced database management features and the refactoring tools, you will see PyCharm in action and try them out for yourself.
In this course, you will:
- Learn to manage Python projects in PyCharm (large and small)
- Create web applications (Pyramid, Flask, Django, and more)
- Use PyCharm's special data science mode
- Refactor your Python code with confidence
- Learn about code smells and duplicate code tooling
- Access git, github, and use git flow
- Use the visual debugger to understand code flow and state
- Make your code more reliable with unit testing and pytest
- Create new Python packages
- And lots more
View the full course outline
Who is this course for?
For anyone who has never used PyCharm: You will see what a true Python IDE has to offer in a concrete and demo-focused tour de force.
Existing PyCharm users: Your IDE has a wealth of features that you might not even know exist. You will see and explore most of them in this course!
Concepts backed by concise visuals
While exploring a topic interactively with demos and live code is very engaging, it can lose the forest for the trees. That's why when we hit a new topic, we stop and discuss it with concise and clear visuals.
Here's an example of concepts reviewing the database tools within PyCharm.
Hands-on exercises for almost every chapter
Learning IDEs can be hard. There are just so many features. Unless you build that muscle memory with practice, most of them will be forgotten. Mastering PyCharm has hands-on exercises for almost every chapter of the course.
These exercises range in length from 10 minutes to about 30 minutes each.
Here is the your turn for the Refactoring chapter.
Who am I? Why should you take my course?
My name is Michael, nice to meet you. ;) There are a couple of reasons I'm especially qualified to teach you Python.
1. I'm the host of the #1 podcast on Python called Talk Python To Me. On there, I've interviewed many of the leaders and creators in the Python community. I bring that perspective to all the courses I create.
2. I've been a professional software trainer for over 10 years. I have taught literally thousands of professional developers in hundreds of courses throughout the world.
3. Students have loved my courses. Here are just a few of quotes from past students of mine.
"Michael is super knowledgeable, loves his craft, and he conveys it all well. I would highly recommend his training class anytime." - Robert F.
"Michael is simply an outstanding instructor." - Kevin R.
"Michael was an encyclopedia for the deep inner workings of Python. Very impressive." - Neal L.
Free office hours keep you from getting stuck
One of the challenges of self-paced online learning is getting stuck. It can be hard to get the help you need to get unstuck.
That's why at Talk Python Training, we offer live, online office hours. You drop in and join a group of fellow students to chat about your course progress and see solutions via screen sharing.
Just visit your account page to see the upcoming office hour schedule.
Is this course based on Python 3 or Python 2?
This course is based upon Python 3. With Python 2 going unsupported in 2020, we believe that it would be ill-advised to teach or learn Python 2.
The time to act is now
Master PyCharm and gain all its superpowers to build your next Python project.